Base Station Controller [BSC]
The MariWeb™ Automatic Identification System [AIS] network software suite is the flagship AIS network product of IMIS Global Limited. The MariWeb™ Base Station Controller [BSC] contains a subset of the primary MariWeb™ AIS network application. Any number of BSCs can be connected to a MariWeb™ LSS Server to form a larger national or regional AIS network.
- Interfaces to any IEC compliant AIS base station
- IALA A-124 Recommendations compliant
- MariWeb™ BSC contains security features and message filtering
- MariWeb™ is plug and play – no complex installation procedures
- 1 to 8 AIS base stations can be connected as part of one MariWeb™ BSC
- Web services interface simplify integration with IT systems
- Includes WAN bandwidth management and IEC61162 compliant VTS feed
- Up to one month’s local data storage with ‘Quick Restore’ and data recovery during WAN failures
- Integrates with the MariWeb LSS server
- More than 100,000 hours MTBF
The MariWeb™ BSC implements the Basic AIS Services [BAS] as defined in the IALA A-124 Recommendation and includes (depending on BSC version and configuration) the following:
- Internet browser accessible Operators HMI
- MariWeb™ AtoN application suite
- MariWeb™ Firewall Service
- Single and multi-AIS base station repeat
- Up to 8 AIS base stations per BSC
- Up to 30 days data storage on WAN failure with ‘Quick Restore’
- Redundant AIS base station configuration
- Redundant BSC configuration
- Configuration rollback
- Auto-configuration of AIS base station
The MariWeb™ BSC allows AIS Base Stations to connect to the BSC using a Ethernet interface, but serial interfaces can also be configured.
The MariWeb™ BSC hardware is chosen to be power efficient reducing the power consumption and thus the size of the power supply and Uninterruptable Power Supply [UPS] units required at remote locations. This strategy reduces the heat generated by the BSC and therefore the environmental conditioning required at the AIS Physical Shore Station [PSS].
Some versions of the MariWeb™ BSC have dual Ethernet ports enabling redundant BSC units to be installed in an AIS PSS without the need for any other LAN equipment on site increasing reliability with Mean Time Between Failure [MTBF] figures of more than 100,000 hours for a single BSC.
The MariWeb™ BSC can be supplied in three temperature ranges and with different non-volatile memory. The BSC power consumption can range from a few watts through to about 18 watts. The memory is high speed Compact Flash RAM.
The MariWeb™ BSC has watchdogs enabled ensuring that the BSC stays up and available.