Section description goes here
The MariWeb™ Event Manager is able to generate alerts and alarms using all of the data within a MariWeb™ AIS network. These events include:
- Closest Point of Approach [CPA]
- Time to CPA [tCPA]
- Time stamp
- Entry to an area
- Exit from an area
- Crossing a waypoint in a specified direction
- Tug event
- Pilot event
- Berthing event
- Anchorage event
- Watch Circle / Protected Zone event
- Wanted Vessel
The MariWeb™ Event Manager [MEM] allows for the creation of an event based on a selection of primary ITU-R.M1371-4 message parameters.
Once a MariWeb™ event has been triggered, the alert is generated and a message is sent according to the rules for that event. The outputs for any one particular event could be one or more of the following:
- Send an On-Screen Alert [OSA] – this OSA can be cached on a per-user basis so that when signing in or reconnecting all OSA alerts will be played back for acknowledgement. The OSA can be accompanied by an audio alert tone
- Send an email to any number of email addresses (and, therefore, Mobile phones)
- Send a Web Service message to any number of systems connected to the MariWeb™ system
The MEM alerts can also be triggered by external alerts from the AIS-SM or any other external service.
A history of all alerts triggered by the MEM are stored in the MariWeb™ system.